Today (June 26, 2021), I had the chance to compete in Cubing at Home 2.5, the fifth and last competition of Cubing at Home’s second season. This competition was also my last online competition ever (most likely)!
I’d like to share some of my most noteworthy results from this competition season as a whole!
Cubing at Home 2.1 (February 27, 2021):
- I did not do extremely well at this competition. The main highlight, however, was getting the opportunity to compete in 5×5 on stream. I ended up placing 11th with a 57.15 average.
Cubing at Home 2.2 (March 27, 2021):
- I made the semi-finals (top 4) for 3×3 One-Handed!
- Top 8 in Square-1 (8.81 average)
Cubing at Home 2.3 (April 24, 2021):
- Advanced to 3×3 Round 2 (5th seed; 7.02 average), and eventually made the semi-finals for 3×3 (4th place)
- Advanced to 4×4 Round 2 (4th seed; 27.34 average), and eventually made the semi-finals for 4×4 (4th place)
Cubing at Home 2.4 (May 29, 2021):
- Advanced to 3×3 Round 2 (4th seed; 6.46 average), and eventually made the semi-finals for 3×3 (4th place)
- 9th in 3×3 Blindfolded (36.96 best time)
- 2nd place in 2×2 (1.70 average)!
Cubing at Home 2.5 (June 26, 2021):
- 5.99 average in Square-1 round 1. This result placed me second in round 1 and is faster than the current official world record!
- Made 3×3 round 2 (6th seed; 7.07 average)
- Top 8 in 5×5 (54.69 average)
- I was also the only person to have advanced to the next round for both 3×3 and Square-1!
Thank you so much to everyone who helped make these Cubing at Home competitions possible. I sincerely enjoyed having the opportunity to stay competitive in cubing in spite of the lack of official competitions at the moment (due to the pandemic). I’m really excited for my first official competition in nearly 17 months, which takes place in Idaho Falls, ID on July 17, 2021!